Welcome to Rockin Robin’s Mexican Recipes Blog
Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday. I know I did. I want to start off my blog with some cooking kitchen tips to start off the new year.
Here we go:
- Left over onion pieces will keep fresh longer if you rub it with butter and wrap in saran wrap. I tried this and it even seemed to keep the onion smell from spreading in the refrigerator. When I was ready to use the onion again, I simply sliced off the butter end.
- Keep lettuce from turning brown by tearing the leaves instead of cutting them.
White Vinegar (I love using this stuff):
- Try adding a cup to the water before adding laundry for whiter, brighter, cleaner smelling laundry.
- If your shower head is getting clogged up from deposits accumulating in the holes, try filling a ziploc bag with about 2 cups vinegar and hang, tie or tape the bag onto the shower head and soak those holes for 15 minutes.
- Wash crystal and other glass objects in a solution of half water and half vinegar. Allow them to air dry and you won’t have any streaks.
- For January keep your eye out for food bargains for lettuce, eggs, chicken, potatoes, and pork.
I hope you enjoyed these cooking/kitchen tips.
Check out all my Mexican Recipes.