Mexican Roasted Vegetable Recipe2014-08-04
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Have you ever tried a roasted vegetable recipe before? If not you are definitely in for a treat. I call this my Mexican vegetable recipe because of the addition of jalapeno peppers.
“Eat Your Veggies”
I’m sure you have already heard a kazillion times you should eat more vegetables because they provide many health benefits right?
Let me help you get your daily quota with a few good vegetable recipes that I am hoping will inspire you.
Try our mexican salad recipe. It’s a complete meal and topped with velvety guacamole and sour cream. The apple cider dressing is, in my opinion, what makes it special. This is simply scrumptious, don’t miss it.
You’ll also have to try my Calabasitas Recipe for a delicious zucchini sauté.
How To Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
I’ve also got a quick and easy way to get vegetables that taste great into your meals.
Some people have a hard time getting vegetables into their diet, usually for two reasons:
- They don’t like vegetables that much.
- They think they take too much time to prepare.
This recipe addresses both of those reasons.
- Roasted vegetables taste wonderful. Roasting brings out their sweetness and intensifies their flavor better than any other cooking method. I especially enjoy the charred flavor that roasting creates. The high cooking temperature caramelizes the sugars in the vegetables bringing out their flavor.Try roasted asparagus and roasted sweet potatoes. They are a couple of my favorites.If you haven’t tried roasting your veggies before, you are going to love this.The first time I tried an oven roasted vegetable recipe, I was amazed at how delicious the vegetables tasted without very much in the way of spices. Next thing my family knew was I was roasting vegetables all the time!
- Roasting vegetables is quick and easy. You only have to wash and slice the vegetables and the cooking time is usually around 10 -12 minutes. You can even slice your vegetables ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you need them.This really helps when you are trying to get a healthy meal on the table in a hurry.
Examples of Vegetables You Can Roast:
- bell peppers
- sweet potatoes
- and more…
Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables in this recipe with your favorite ones.
Roasted Vegetable Recipe
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into approx 1 inch size
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced 1/8 thick
- 1 small jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, de veined and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 strips
- olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- pinch of oregano leaves or basil leaves
Combine the vegetables into a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and oregano or basil.
Use enough oil to coat all the vegetables well. Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Important Tip For Roasted Vegetable Recipe:
Make sure all the vegetables are touching the pan and not piled on top of each other. This will ensure that you get the best browning and the best flavor.
Place into a preheated 425 degree F oven. Roast for 6 minutes and check often. Turn vegetables when they are browned and roast an additional 4 – 5 minutes.
You want the vegetables to be charred somewhat. I like mine charred quite a bit as I enjoy that flavor. Experiment and see how done you like yours.
Different Ways To Use Roasted Vegetables
You can use roasted vegetables in a lot of different ways. For example you could add them to your omelette for breakfast or add them to your salad. I do that a lot.
You can also put them in pita bread with cheese and warm it in the microwave for a warm, healthy and delicious sandwich.
Stay healthy by getting your vegetables everyday. Follow my roasted vegetable recipe and rotate in different vegetables to create new recipes and give variety to your meals.
You will love the taste.
More Vegetable Recipes To Try
Tostada Compuesta – One of my all time favorites.
Chipotle Grilled Corn – Try this with with it’s maple orange sauce.
Roasted Garlic – A wonderful way to enjoy fresh garlic.
Honey-lime sweet potatoes -With a delicious honey-lime glaze.
Butternut Squash Soup – Made with leeks, roasted garlic and apple.
Calabacitas Recipe -A delicious zucchini sauté.