Chicken Tex Mex Recipe Wrap
Our visitor Amanda Dill sent this recipe in. This recipe sounds perfect for entertaining a few friends with a BBQ. The avocado part can be prepared a couple hours ahead leaving you free to visit with your guests.
Tex Mex Recipe
- 2 broiled, baked, or grilled chicken breasts–shredded or cubed
- 4-6 flour tortillas (regular or whole wheat)
- 2-3 ripe avocados, sliced or cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheese, cheddar or monterrey jack
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
Place avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap or lid. You may want to mash avocado as you mix if you don’t like large chunks. Place in refridgerator for thirty minutes to two hours. Heat tortillas in the microwave or on stove top. If heating in microwave, wrap in damp paper towel to keep tortillas moist.
Top tortillas with chilled avocado mixture. Then add warm chicken and shredded cheese. Add salsa or hot sauce if you’d like. Wrap them up and eat them.
You can also make this as a salad by adding cherry tomatoes and greens instead of wrapping in a tortilla. Salad dressing: juice of 1 lime, salt, minced garlic, corn oil (equal to amount of lime juice). Toss with salad.
If you have a Tex Mex Recipe to share, send it in. I’d love to hear from you.
Have a great day,