Terrific Taco Salad Recipe2014-08-02
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This easy taco salad recipe is a salad lovers delight. Containing numerous vegetables, it’s not only delicious and nutritious. It might even make you ambitious. Okay, it’s a saying my dad used to use when I was a kid. I guess it stuck.
Do try my apple cider dressing on this taco salad. I think you will love it. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.
- 1- 1/4 lb. hamburger
- 2 Tbsp Rockin’ Robin’s Taco Seasoning
- 1 head of romain or iceburg lettuce, torn or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, sliced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small can sliced olives, drained
- 3 cups or more of tortilla chips, broken into bite size pieces
- apple cider vinegar dressing
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- sour cream, optional
In a frying pan heated over medium high heat, cook the hamburger and drain. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Prepare the rest of the ingredients by slicing, draining etc.
In a large bowl toss the rest of the ingredients together except for the dressing and sour cream.
Mix in the meat when cool and serve in bowls. Let each person add their own dressing and sour cream if desired.
My apple cider vinegar dressing is excellent with this salad but feel free to substitute another if desired.