Pineapple Salsa Recipe Sensational2014-08-02
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Here is a wonderfully refreshing pineapple salsa recipe that can be blended up in a food processor or blender for a smoother texture and served with fish or chicken.
If you prefer a chunkier salsa, just make as directed below and serve with tortilla chips. Your guests will be asking for more.
Tell them this is just a sample of more delicious Mexican food to come. Then prepare chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, and beans. Serve up a pitcher of refreshing margaritas and finish with silky smooth caramel flan.
They will think they have spent the evening in Mexico!
Pineapple Orange Salsa Recipe
- 1 can 20 oz. crushed pineapple in own juice, drained
- 1 can 11 oz. mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained and cut into small chunks
- 1 tomato, chopped 1/4 inch chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped 1/4 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 5 or 6 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
- juice from one lime
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator. Then serve with chips or as a condiment for chicken and fish.
Remember to wash your hands after handling the jalapeno peppers.
This salsa recipe is best prepared and served the same day. Fruit salsas tend to not hold up as long as some of the other salsas.
Home for Pineapple Salsa Recipe